Sony has confirmed its highly-anticipated BRAVIA OLED television (A1 series) has arrived in New Zealand and will be rolled out into stores from today. The new Sony BRAVIA A1 OLED TV combines the superior picture quality of OLED with the 4K HDR Processor X1 Extreme, the A1 series offers the world’s very first in-screen sound system in a large screen TV. X1 Extreme has been widely acclaimed for its ability to produce lifelike picture with superb texture, depth, colour, and contrast, bringing a significant leap forward in the space of HDR.
OLED’s eight million self-illuminating pixels provide the A1 series with a significantly enriched visual experience offering unprecedented blacks, authentic colour, fast paced motion and a wide viewing angle. The X1 Extreme precisely controls the tremendous number of pixels and extends the capability of OLED to deliver an exquisite 4K HDR picture.
BRAVIA OLED’s innovations do not end with incredible picture performance. The A1 series is the world’s first large screen TV which can emit sound from the screen itself. Taking advantage of the OLED’s backlight-less structure, Sony developed a new Acoustic Surface technology which can emanate sound directly from the screen itself. This allows for a perfect unification of picture and sound unattainable by conventional TVs. It produces a wide sound and image synchronisation even off to the sides. Together with OLED’s wide viewing angle, the A1 series offers unmatched visual and aural experience regardless of viewing position.
The Acoustic Surface technology lends to the cutting-edge design of the A1 series by doing away with conventional speakers usually located around the TV. The result is a unique stand-less form factor, with no distraction from the picture.
The new A1 series will additionally support Dolby Vision, the HDR format from Dolby Laboratories, which when paired with Sony’s unique technologies further enriches the visual experience.
This release follows Sony’s triumph in the Readers Digest Most Trusted Brand Awards 2017, which saw Sony recognised as the Most Trusted TV and Home Entertainment Brand. The results of the survey demonstrate a positive consumer sentiment towards Sony’s TV and home entertainment products, reinforcing Sony’s position as a trusted market leader in this category.
Summary of the Sony BRAVIA A1 OLED TV:
A1 Series (65” and 55” class model) 4K HDR OLED TV
- Features OLED display. Eight million self-illuminating pixels brings a significantly enriched visual experience with unprecedented blacks, authentic colour, blur-less image and a free viewing angle.
- Features Acoustic Surface technology: the entire screen resonates with great sound emanating directly from the screen itself. This allows a perfect unification of picture and sound that conventional TVs cannot deliver.
- Features 4K HDR Processor X1 Extreme, providing the ultimate 4K HDR viewing experience by incorporating three new technologies: Object-based HDR remaster, Super Bit Mapping 4K HDR and Dual database processing.
- Features vibrant, expanded colour with TRILUMINOS Display, further enhanced for colour accuracy.
- Uses 4K X-Reality PRO to produce stunning detail with Sony’s unique algorithm of reality creation database for any content, such as TV broadcasts, DVD, Blu-ray Disc, Internet video and digital photos.
- The Acoustic Surface technology lends to the cutting-edge design of the A1 series by doing away with conventional speakers usually located around the TV. The result is a unique stand-less form factor with no distraction from the picture.
- Android TV lets you explore a world of movies, music, photos, games, search, apps and more. Voice Search to find content, ask questions and control your TV. With Chromecast built-in, you can easily send content from your smartphone or tablet to the TV. With access to Google Play, you can enjoy what you like to do on a smartphone or tablet, from their TV.
- Sony’s exclusive Content Bar user interface allows you to comfortably browse content quickly and intuitively without disrupting your TV viewing.
- HDR compatible to receive and process the new video standard signal with higher brightness, higher contrast and more vibrant colours via Internet video services, HDMI and USB port. Supports Dolby Vision HDR format.
Pricing and Availability
The A1 series will be available at leading retailers in New Zealand starting from 17 July 2017.
The recommended retail price is $10,999.95 for the 65-inch and $7,499.95 for the 55-inch.
For more information please visit: http://www.sony.co.nz/electronics/televisions/a1-series