Spotify has praised its partnership with Spark as one of its most successful globally and has since penned a deal with the company extending its partnership for a further two years.
Founder and CEO of Spotify Daniel Ek said:
“We love our partnership with Spark. It’s helped produce some of the highest engagement we’ve seen worldwide from New Zealand music fans. I’m really glad we’ve renewed this partnership and we will keep working together to deliver for Kiwi fans and artists at the same time.”
In February 2014, Spark and Spotify partnered exclusively, giving customers Spotify Premium on selected mobile plans and access to more than 30 million music tracks every day.
Spark Home Mobile & Business General Manager of Marketing, Clive Ormerod said its partnership with Spotify is just one example of how the company is showing up differently for customers.
“Our partnership with Spotify truly reflects our ongoing transformation from a traditional telco to a provider of the digital services that make the lives of our customers a little easier and richer every day.
“Customers tell us they love music, that’s why we’re continuing to focus heavily in this space, by offering customers truly useful and amazing music experiences by including Spotify Premium on mobile plans, getting behind music festivals such as Auckland City Limits and giving customers exclusive access to international music acts through our partnership with Live Nation.”
Ormerod says the deal with Spotify has helped the company offer customers extra value in a fiercely competitive market.
“Offering existing customers added value on their plans with Spotify Premium has helped us to differentiate ourselves in an incredibly competitive market and in just two years we’ve been able to increase our number of Pay Monthly mobile connections by over 120,000.”
How Spark customers are using Spotify on mobile:
- In the last 12-months the number of customers using Spotify on their mobile devices has increased by around 125%.
- On an average day over 90,000 customers are using Spotify on their mobile devices.
- Customers love to begin and end the working week listening to Spotify with the most amount of customers using the service over mobile on a Monday and Friday.
You May Also Like...
- [News] Demonstrating the Internet of Things (IoT) to Connecting Farms
- [News] Spark Boosts Pay Monthly Plans
- [News] Spark Returns Savings to Customers from Price Increases last year
- [News] Spark Increases Prices to Reflect Chorus Copper Line Charges
- [News] Spark Changes its Home Phone and Broadband Pricing