So there I am; the 300th person in the line for the GetInLine queue made by Samsung. A pretty neat idea I think! This line is where people can compete to get ahead in the line and to win the S4 and other prizes (Stated down in the article). There are currently nearly 8000 people in the queue for the Galaxy S4 which goes on sale at 9am on Saturday 27th April.
The online queue is also represented in the real world on a 50m x 3.2m LED screen in the middle of Aotea Square. It covers 161sqm and has more than 2.3 million individual LED bulbs. It is the largest screen ever made in New Zealand!
You can move up the queue by sharing content from the GetInLine website with your social media networks, so obviously, the ones that are at the very front of the line, are the most motivated and probably have a huge following.
And for a bit of fun, and because the queue is connected to the local weather and time, the virtual queue-rs will pull out their umbrellas if it is raining, and will also fall asleep at night!
If you make it within the first 623 people in the queue, the prizes are as follows:
1st/2nd/3rd in line: A Samsung Galaxy S4 experience including:
- Flights / Limo ride to Aotea Square on Friday afternoon.
- Personal delivery of the phone and S View Cover and car kit accessories.
- Accommodation on Friday and Saturday night.
- Sky Tower bungy, helicopter ride to Waiheke with lunch at Mudbrick.
Next 20 people in line:
- A $500 voucher redeemable at Telecom, Vodafone or 2 Degrees outlets for any Samsung Galaxy S4 product, accessories or credit on a S4 plan.
Next 100 people in line:
- A $250 voucher redeemable at Telecom, Vodafone or 2 Degrees outlets for any Samsung Galaxy S4 product, accessories or credit on a S4 plan.
Next 500 people in line:
- A $50 voucher redeemable at Telecom, Vodafone or 2 Degrees outlets for any Samsung Galaxy S4 product, accessories or credit on a S4 plan.
The queue is growing at a rate of a thousand people a day and if you haven’t joined the queue, then you can do so here! Good luck!